Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 

THE PRETTY GIRL

I was leaving a convenience store, newspaper under my arm. I was slightly aware of someone approaching the store from my right. As I pushed open the door I heard a car horn blowing. I looked up, right into the face of The Pretty Girl.

She had a broad smile on her face. She knew (or thought she did) that the horn had been blowing at her. She liked that.

I tried to take her in. Tall, but not too tall (too tall would be taller than I am). Slim, but not stick-figured. Blue eyes, or maybe gray. Head up, shoulders back. T shirt, shorts. Light brown hair to the shoulders. Toothy. Maybe 19.

She passed by me. I held the door for her. I think she said thanks, but I'm not sure.
-



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?